40 teams that did well in first-round qualifiers will be invited to this second-round qualifier at Grand Saline Middle School in Grand Saline, Texas.
At the EV3 programming clinic, people were asking how to get the Gyro sensor block. The Education edition should already have the gyro sensor block, the retail version does not.
To get the retail version of the EV3 software, visit http://www.lego.com/en-us/mindstorms/downloads/download-software . Then at Robot Square – Adding Sensors it describes, step by step, how to add the Sensor blocks. One quick hint, here is a direct link to the Sensor Blocks download at Lego.com. The sensor blocks are about halfway down the page.
Good luck and have fun programming
Once again, we will be offering FLL Programming Clinics at UT-Dallas (Oct 17) and UME Preparatory Academy (Oct 24):
- UTD Beginning Programming, Oct 17 9:00a-12:00p
- UTD Advanced Programming, Oct 17 1:00p-4:00p
- UME Prep Beginning Programming, Oct 24 9:00a-12:00p
- UME Prep Advanced Programming, Oct 24 1:00p-4:00p
From the October 2015 issue of the FIRST in Texas Newsletter:
Just Two Weeks to Apply
The final deadline is almost here! Submit your completed applications by October 15 at 5pm CST.
What is a completed application? Make sure you:
- Submit our Team Grant Application
- Upload Photo Release forms for each team member
- Upload an Eligibility Form for Texas high school teams
Mark your calendars and ask your questions now! For other details on the grant process, like a timeline on notifications and awards, visit our Grant Calendar.