- This event has passed.
UTD/BCS FLL Coaches Training Workshop
July 16 @ 9:00am - July 17 @ 4:00pm
A Fort-Worth sited version of UTD’s popular FIRST LEGO League Coaches Training Workshops!
This workshop is for coaches/mentors (adults) ONLY.
This workshop is at Bethesda Christian School in Fort Worth.
Cost: $30/session, register at UTD Marketplace
UT-Dallas and Bethesda Christian School are offering our popular FLL Coaches Training Workshop in Fort Worth! Come brush up on your knowledge & skills during the summer break and hear proven tips for improving team performance. This is a “hands on” workshop where attendees get experience building and programming LEGO Mindstorms EV3 robots. Sessions are facilitated by Dr. Patrick Michaud, renowned FIRST coach with several world-ranked teams.
This workshop will be held at Bethesda Christian School in Fort Worth. The workshop will consist of four half-day sessions on July 16-17; each session will cost $30 (thus $120 to attend all four sessions). We will provide the robot materials, computers, and software to be used during the sessions. We will also provide lunch for participants that are registered in both the morning and afternoon session for each day.
Space is limited and registration is required — registrations will generally be taken on a first-come first-served basis.
Specific session topics for the FLL workshops include:
July 16 (9a-12n): Intro to FLL and Robot Build
– Introduction to FLL and season overview
– LEGO Mindstorms components
– Basic robot building concepts
– Assemble and test prototype robot
July 16 (1p-4p): Beginning FLL Programming
– Introduce Mindstorms EV3 software
– Robot navigation concepts
– Sensors for detecting lines, borders, colors
– Creating “My Blocks”
July 17 (9a-12n): Chassis, Attachments, Programming
– Review common game challenges
– Intermediate robot building principles
– Techniques for more competitive robots
– Common attachment types and features
– Intermediate programming: My Blocks, loop and sensor blocks, gyro-based navigation
July 17 (1p-4p): Programming and Tournament Prep
– Programming: line following, testing
– Tournament overview
– Tips for improving success in Core Values, Project, and Robot Design judging
To sign up for these workshops, please visit the UTD FIRST Robotics storefront at https://ezpay.utdallas.edu/
For more information regarding the workshops, please email <firstname.lastname@example.org>