- This event has passed.
UTD Clinic – FTC Programming in Android Studio
2015-10-04 @ 1:00pm - 4:00pm
This will be a FTC clinic focusing on programming FTC robots using Android Studio (Java). The clinic will be held at UT-Dallas on Sunday October 4 from 1:00p to 4:00p in room SLC 1.102. Attendees may park in any GREEN or GOLD space on campus (see map); the closest parking spots are in lot H (west of SLC) and the parking garage (PS3) north of SLC. For those wanting to park in PS3 we recommend using Synergy Park Blvd on the north side of campus and then driving south on Rutford Ave.
The focus of the clinic will be programming and control systems using Android Studio, although we’ll be glad to discuss any topic pertaining to FTC. If there are any specific programming topics you would like to see covered, please contact Patrick Michaud. Currently the clinic is expected to cover:
– configuring phones and controllers
– FTC programming basics – OpModes and LinearOpModes
– motor and servo control
– gamepads and driving logic
– organizing code into functions
– sensor basics, including the new color sensor from Modern Robotics
– threads and concurrency (time permitting)
We don’t expect to have any “hands-on exercises” in the clinic, so you don’t need to bring a robot, control systems, laptop, or other equipment with you. You’re welcome to bring these things if you like (for demonstration, questions, troubleshooting, etc.), but we won’t be allocating a lot of time during the clinic itself to work on them.
To register for the event, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Your name
2. Your team number and team name
3. How many people from your team will be attending
4. An email contact address, if different from the reply address
More details will be sent out to registered participants prior to the event.