This will be a three-hour clinic introducing the use of PTC Creo Parametric for FTC teams. The first part of the clinic will focus on assemblies in PTC Creo using the TETRIX parts libraries. The second part of the clinic will cover 3D modeling in Creo, leading up to designing custom parts and an intro to 3D printing.
Because of limited space, we’re asking teams to preregister for this event and to limit attendance to six people per team (coaches and/or team members). If we determine more space will be available, we will send out an announcement to registered teams and update this page.
The event will be held in the Science Learning Center building, room SLC 1.102. Attendees may park in any GREEN space on campus (see map), the closest GREEN parking is in Lot H. We will also email parking permits for the parking garage (PS3, north of SLC) to people who preregister for the event.
To register for the event, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Your name
2. Your team number and team name
3. How many people from your team will be attending
4. An email contact address, if different from the reply address
At the clinic we expect to have time for some “hands on” exercises, and we will have a few laptops available for registered teams to use to try out the exercises. If you can, bring a USB flash drive with you to save copies of your work.
If you would like to bring your own computer, you’ll want the following done before the clinic starts:
- Install PTC Creo 3.0 — available from http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/k12/students/first/software.
- Follow the “Download software” links to get to the product registration page.
- After registering for the software, click “Standard Standalone Install” in the Step 2 section to get the instructions for downloading and installing your copy of PTC Creo 3.0.
- Note that the size of the software download is 4 gigabytes.
- Download the FTC TETRIX “kit of parts” library — available from http://apps.ptc.com/schools/FIRST/FTC_TETRIX_KOP-2015.zip . We will unzip this file as part of setting up the exercises.
- Have a three-button mouse or pointing device available — PTC Creo Parametric makes frequent use of the middle mouse button. On many mouse models the scroll wheel is also a middle mouse button.
More details will be sent out to registered participants prior to the event.