- This event has passed.
Hedrick (Lewisville) FTC Autonomous Programming Workshop
June 24 @ 9:00am - June 27 @ 12:00pm
Cost: $120, register at UTD Marketplace.
Team 11563 Hedrick Garage and The University of Texas at Dallas are pleased to announce a “FTC Autonomous Programming Workshop” to be held June 24-27 at Lewisville High School in Lewisville. This hands-on workshop will be for FTC coaches, mentors, and team members who want to learn advanced techniques for scoring during the autonomous period.
The cost for the workshop will be $120 per participant. The workshop will be held as four morning sessions (9a-12n) on June 24-27 at Lewisville High School in Lewisville. We will provide robots, controllers, laptops, and other equipment needed for the workshop; you provide enthusiasm and Gracious Professionalism. Sessions will be facilitated by Dr. Patrick Michaud, as well as several other mentors and experts in the region and from 11563 Hedrick Garage.
Note that this is a programming-focused workshop and space is limited. We ask that team member registrations be limited to those who are expecting to be robot programmers in the upcoming season. Coaches and mentors are welcome and encouraged to sign up for this workshop as well.
The first (Monday) session will have a short introduction/refresher on basic FTC programming, but we are looking to progress fairly rapidly to some of the more advanced and useful topics for autonomous mode programming. A partial list of topics we are looking to cover:
– Installing FTC apps onto controllers
– Introduction to OnBot Java
– Autonomous navigation with encoders
– Autonomous navigation using IMU (gyro)
– Program organization / reusable code
– Finding/navigating to game elements and objects using TensorFlow
– Determining robot location using Vuforia
– Field-based navigation (line following, wall following, distance sensors)
– Driver presets, limit switches
– Gamepad programming
– Color sensing
– Other sensors (wall sensors, pressure pads)
– Holonomic drive systems (omniwheels, mecanum drives)*
– Control Hub basics*
– Sensor self-tests
(* Depending on attendance / equipment availability)
Registration for the workshop is $120. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space for the workshops is limited and registration is required to attend.