- This event has passed.
FLL 2018 Kickoff / Team Dynamics Clinic (Fort Worth)
September 15 @ 9:00am - 12:00pm
This event is intended for coaches and mentors only. Register at https://goo.gl/forms/TmVNs7z7g5tFco9n1 .
Come and celebrate Into Orbit season with local FLL teams.
We are thrilled to have the new Perot FLL Manager, Kelly Goodner. She will be going over some basics of FLL information and north Texas qualifiers.
In addition, we will have Joe Varnell (area head ref), James Brodnick (experienced FLL event judge), and Jay Jordan (experience FLL coach and trainer) to cover tips and tricks in building, programming, organizing team, and judging. There will be time to share contact information and your team events with other teams. Please park on the north side of the building and enter under the cover.
For parking and event location details, see https://groups.google.com/d/msg/northtexasfll/tsliw1gcZiA/OW7zjHm4BgAJ .
The kickoff event is free of charge, but we ask that participants pre-register for the event so that we can communicate event details directly and have an estimate of attendance size.
What are the Kickoffs?
- These are introductory meetings/presentations where we go over many things you’ll need to know about participating in FLL this season.
- Generally there are at least two Kickoff sessions each season. Each coach/mentor only needs to go to one, and it doesn’t matter which one. Rookie and veteran coaches are welcome at both events.
- These are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, especially for new coaches/mentors.
- We will go over exactly how the events and competitions run (rules, policies, what to expect), and there will be Robot Game tables and fields set up with experts there to explain the Robot Game missions and rules.
- It’s a great opportunity to meet the North Texas FLL community, get your questions answered in person, and figure out exactly what will be happening for us this season.
For more information about the event, please contact Kelly Goodner at <Kelly.Goodner@perotmuseum.org> .